I used to have another blog, but it has gone to bloggy heaven. It wasn’t a sex blog per se. I talked about sex in the context of healing after trauma or long-term abuse. I really liked that blog. I loved writing it. When the topic of your blog, however, is presumed to be sex you are immediately welcomed into the community of the “sex bloggers”, and I’ll say this–the “sex blogging” community is a very supportive community. They are quick to comment, fast to encourage, and love to give awards. Who doesn’t love to get an award from one’s community? We passed around a lot of awards.
After a while though, one has to be creative about how to accept an award because with the award comes the questions and the inevitable list of nominations. I ran out of answers and blogs to recommend. Alas, this isn’t that blog nor is it that community. So, now what?
The lovely WritesinPJs of My Life in Pajamas dropped this on my About page yesterday:
Such a kind gesture (Thank you!). I sort of panicked. There would be questions! And other blogs to pass it on to! Eeek! Should i just express my thanks and run and hide? That didn’t feel quite right. I decided to go with the flow.
There are rules with every bloggy award, and here they are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you providing links back to their website. Check
- Display the logo on your blog. Check
- Answer the ten questions set for you. But I like it in here! It’s private…OOoooOOOOkay….
- Make up ten questions for your nominees.
- Nominate ten people.
WritesinPJs’ Ten Questions of My Life in Pajamas
- Which historical person (known or unknown) would you choose to spend a day with? This is a hard question. There are so many people I would want to spend the day with, but I’m going to go with Jane Austen because 1) she is my 7th cousin and 2) it is said that she may have had autism. I would like to see how she experienced her world and get to know a family member. Plus, I would like to see if her ASD is what let her see her world so differently, thus, allowing her to write what and how she did. That is often the case.
- You can give one animal the gift of speech. Which animal would you choose? One of my housecats. I don’t know which one. One of them looks terribly judgmental most of the time. Maybe I don’t want her to be able to talk.
- Your life is being filmed as a biography. Which actor would you choose to play you? Damn, I have no idea! If Liz Lemon of “30 Rock” were a real person then she could play me although we look nothing alike and I would never pee in a vase to kick someone out of an apartment. I have too much in common with that character though.
- Someone offers to buy you a free home anywhere in the world. Where would you live? It would be romantic to say Paris or some exotic locale, but I’ve lived abroad and traveled through a lot of countries. It never ends up being as awesome as the calendar photos look. I always come back to one place: The North Shore of Lake Superior. I’d want to live there.
- Which song have you loved longest? Ack! This is hard, too! Uh…when I was very little I used to try to sing the harmony in “Black Water” by the Doobie Brothers. I remember lying in the back seat of the car trying to pick one part to sing at the end of the song and loving it.
- You’re going to wear the exact same outfit for one year. What does it look like? Black skinny trousers, black boots, grey cashmere sweater, grey pashmina.
- You can choose to make any book real, and live in that world. Where and when is it? Oh, this is a hard one! I’m going with The Velveteen Rabbit. If you love something long enough and hard enough, you can make it real. Even a hard heart. I want that to be real.
- The one thing you most want to be remembered for is…? That I was kind.
- The best choice you ever made was…? That I put the pursuit of my career on hold and stayed home to raise my daughters.
- A common misconception about you before getting to really know you is…? Most people have said that I look like I have it all together. This is laughable to me. Does anyone have it all together? Just because I showered, got dressed, and brushed my hair? I don’t have it all together. Not by a long shot.
MJ’s Ten Questions
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What is your definition of happiness?
- If you could become fluent in a foreign language in one year, then which one would you choose?
- If you had a million dollars that you had to donate to one charitable cause, then which one would you pick and why?
- If you could master a new skill in a year by taking a class, then what skill would you most want to learn?
- What novel have you read more than once by choice?
- If you were allowed access to a Tardis (Dr. Who’s “time machine”), where in time would you go?
- If you were allowed to go back to high school and change one thing, what would you change?
- What are you presently looking forward to?
- What food do you absolutely hate and refuse to eat no matter what?
And the nominations are…
Here’s the thing. I don’t follow that many bloggers anymore. Some of my favorite bloggers stopped blogging. Sniff. I don’t read ten blogs. I don’t know that I read five regularly now that at least four of my favorite blogs shut down. That sounds terrible, but it’s a time issue for me. Not a lack of interest. And, some bloggers I know keep their blogs private. So, with that in mind, I offer you my very wee list knowing full well that I wish it were longer.
The Kindness Blog–this blog has a massive following now, but I’ve been following it for a long time. So, I have no expectation that there will be a response to this award. Alas, I am desperate to add to my very paltry list!
Thank you once again, WritesinPJs, for thinking of me and my space on the blogosphere. Your questions were great. I wish I did have ten blogs to nominate because I really want ten people to answer my questions!!
To my readers, thanks for playing along.